"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”Industry by industry we are seeing businesses slowly but surely ease back into the new pre-vaccine working world but it is so important that we are now only looking forward and driving towards the ever-growing economy we once knew.
Admittedly, businesses of all kinds, industry sectors and sizes will have had to make changes in the functionalities of how they once ran whether this is through use of the furlough scheme and having a much smaller workforce or perhaps a major adjustment to sales and revenue strategies. In one way or another every single individual both in and out of the business world has made some adaptations throughout this global pandemic but it's all now in the economies BOUNCE BACK.
So where do you go now and how can revenue and business pick up?
There are a few simple steps to get the ball rolling and improve the situation your business is currently in and these are as follows:
- Network to your heart's content- If you have not already discovered the BRAND NEW Sussex B2B portal then it is certainly not too late to join the other 120+ businesses who secured their memberships early doors and may we add this service is completely free of charge? The sole purpose of the portal, ‘Area In Action’, is to help Sussex businesses bounce back as quickly as possible from the impact of COVID-19. Essentially it is a centralised networking site enabling you to showcase your business and experience to like minded people who may require your service and no business is too big or small for this new growth portal. In order to sign up visit www.areainaction.co.uk and get posting.
- Business support sites- Alongside networking from the latest business growth hub there are several other business support sites than encourage collaboration up and down the south coast and these include the following:
- Coast to Capital Growth Hub- established in in 2011, Coast to Capital determines local economic priorities to stimulate job creation within the local region, working closely with local businesses and strategic partners. For more visit: https://www.c2cbusiness.org.uk/
- Chichester University’s Business Hothouse- offers free support to pre-start and established businesses in the Coast-to-Capital area. From workshops to grant funding, they provide the expert guidance to get your business growing. For further information or to apply for particular grants visit https://www.chi.ac.uk/business-services/business-hothouse
- Business West Sussex site- This site offers you an insight into the latest apprenticeship opportunities, commercial property listings and general information for more visit http://www.businesswestsussex.co.uk/
3. Get information and grant application savvy- Many local authorities and councils have launched grants for businesses of all sizes, self employed workers and job retention schemes and whether these grants are industry specific or for businesses who receive a certain amount of revenue it is so incredibly important to be information savvy and apply for what you can as in this case every penny and minute of support is crucial in the rebuild of our economy. Fortunately these grants are listed over all forms of social media, local councils websites, shared by coworking communities like ours and the business support groups listed above feature every single possible grant accessible to the wider community. In order to keep information savvy ensure you are regularly checking the government website for regular updates, tips and advice. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Like anything in life this is a process and there will be bumps in the road but we must keep focused on the end destination.
If you have had to make adjustments to your workforce and are looking for a collaborative workspace to drive you business forward email [email protected] and we will be happy to inform you of our latest flexible working packages, office availability and other services we provide to the wider community.